Breakthrough is seeking 2 Community Engagement Interns who thrive in a creative setting and want to be part of an organization that exists to transform cultures and people, toward a more just world. This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong interest in communications, social media, and partnership building, and who is passionate about innovative, creative, pop culture-driven approaches to social change.
They must be available to intern remotely for at least 10 hours a week, and will report to the Content Strategist and Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships.
- Research and outreach to potential media and community/ grassroots partners
- Engaging with audiences across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in the Breakthrough voice
- Assisting with data input and tracking for partners, press and internal content calendar
- Assisting with website updates
- Other tasks depending on skills and interests
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong research, writing and organizational skills
- Interest in activism and social justice
- Passion for media and pop culture, and familiarity with current trends
- Familiarity with internet and social networking tools/platforms
- Comfort navigating online databases (e.g., AirTable)
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Word (including basic document design), Excel
- Comfort working both independently and as part of a team
Please submit a resume and cover letter, stating your qualifications, to email@example.com with Community Engagement Intern in the subject line.
NOTE: This position is unpaid and may be for academic credit. A stipend will be provided for travel and lunch, and interns will gain experience developing communications strategies, building digital audiences through social media campaigns, and cultivating organizational partners.
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. Breakthrough prohibits discrimination against any employee or intern and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, military status, height and weight, religion, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record, or any other legally protected status. People of all gender identities, people from underrepresented racial backgrounds, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
4 West 43rd Street, Suite 715 New York, NY 10036 USA t: +1 (212) 868-6500