Breakthrough is seeking an individual to support the operational and fundraising needs of a creative, dynamic team. Reporting to the Associate Director of Business and Development, this person will also provide executive support to our COO as well as collaborate with our small and active team. This role is ideal for someone who is inspired to move Breakthrough’s mission forward through contributing to the business side of our work, has a gift for using technology to meet the needs of a growing global organization, has a desire to problem solve and improve operational efficiency, works well independently, and can organize and present information in logical, practical, and user-friendly formats. This role supports many facets of the organization so flexibility and organizational skills are key.
- Manage and maintain our donor database (NeonCRM), monitoring workflows and ensuring accuracy and consistency of data
- Run reports, process donations, and produce manual gift acknowledgements as needed
- Assist in the execution of fundraising events (small cultivation events and annual gala) from conception to follow up
- Assist the development team in fundraising campaigns and outreach including drafting emails, generating mailing lists, overseeing mail solicitations, tracking donor meetings, managing the grants calendar, and other tasks as requested
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements, track petty cash, prepare donation reports for bookkeeper, and assist in annual audit preparations
- Provide executive assistance to COO
- Assist with knowledge and information management as well as productivity applications; training new users and maintaining records.
- Support recruitment efforts, drafting job descriptions, scheduling, and assisting with interviews
- When the office reopens, provide office support and meeting assistance, welcoming visitors and monitoring supplies
- Support and contribute to programmatic activities throughout the organization as appropriate/needed
- Minimum of 2-4 years prior administrative and/or fundraising experience, preferably both
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; especially to discern and prioritize urgent requests with meticulous attention to detail
- Self-directed; able to work independently and to set and adhere to deadlines
- Comfortable with both Mac and PC platforms and strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, GSuite, and database administration including automations, workflows, and integrations
- Excellent written presentation and document formatting skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical capabilities
- Familiarity with Slack, WordPress, project management applications, and NeonCRM (donor database) a plus
- Familiarity with grant applications and reporting a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, members of the Board of Directors, donors, and vendors
- Ability to work in a small and informal atmosphere
- Humor, energy for challenges, and passion for Breakthrough’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Please note that Breakthrough staff are currently working remotely. This position will be remote until our office re-opens.
- Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify “Development and Operations Associate” in the subject line.
- Electronic applications only, please. Applications by mail will not be accepted. No phone calls, please.
- Position will be open until filled.
- Due to a high volume of responses, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
COMPENSATION: Salary dependent on experience. Anticipated range is $40-$45K. Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance; commuter benefits; and generous paid-time off.
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. Breakthrough prohibits discrimination against any employee and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, military status, height and weight, religion, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record, or any other legally protected status. People of all gender identities, people from underrepresented racial backgrounds, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.