Breakthrough is seeking a Social & Digital Media Manager who thrives in a creative setting and wants to be part of an organization that exists to justly transform cultures and people. They will be responsible for building and engaging our virtual audiences via all relevant social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Youtube. This will include content curation, comment moderation, campaign implementation, and monitoring and evaluation. The Social & Digital Media Manager will be a creative individual who can easily replicate Breakthrough’s online voice through storytelling in order to engage and build community..
- Develop and implement social media and community content strategy to engage and build community
- Daily content curation across platforms on topics such as gender, race, immigration, and other intersectional social justice issues
- Stay on top of breaking news and develop Breakthrough’s immediate response
- Moderate and respond to comments in order to drive conversation
- Create graphics using Adobe Photoshop, with a goal of one graphic post per weekday
- Manage and update editorial calendar
- Track hashtags and trending topics
- Identify opportunities for social media and campaign partnerships
- Support program team in developing and implementing social media campaigns, email marketing, and web content management
- 1+ year(s) experience managing online communities and partnerships, editorial calendars, and implementing digital campaigns, preferably for a nonprofit or social justice organization
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and other graphic design tools; video editing skills a major plus
- Knowledge of various social media platforms and the ability to tailor content appropriately to each platform
- Familiar with social media advertising platforms and tools for analytics
- Strong writer with an engaging voice and aptitude for thought-provoking copy
- Empathetic individual with a high level of discretion and knowledge of how to respond to sensitive and impactful stories
- Extremely high level of organization, initiative, attention to detail, responsibility, and follow-through
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- News junkie and social media expert always ready to respond to breaking news
- Humor, energy for challenges, and passion for social change
- Knowledge of gender and intersectional social justice issues preferred
- Knowledge of email marketing platforms and web content management systems a plus
- Go through our Facebook (@BreakthroughUS) and Instagram (@BreakthroughTV) pages and get a feel for Breakthrough’s voice. Demonstrate how you would curate content and frame an example post for each platform. Send those two sample social posts, along with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and specify “Social & Digital Media Manager” in the subject line.
- Electronic applications only, please. Applications by mail will not be accepted. No phone calls, please.
- Resumes sent without a cover letter or social posts will not be considered.
- Position will be open until filled.
- Due to a high volume of responses, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
This is a full-time position.
COMPENSATION: Salary dependent on experience. Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance; 403b and commuter benefits; and generous paid-time off.
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. Breakthrough prohibits discrimination against any employee and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familiar status, military status, height and weight, religion, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record, or any other legally protected status. People of all gender identities, people from underrepresented racial backgrounds, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For a PDF version of this job listing, please click here.