Breakthrough is seeking 2 Social Media Interns who thrive in a creative setting and want to be part of an organization that exists to transform cultures and people, toward a more just world. This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong interest in communications, social media, and who is passionate about innovative, creative, pop culture-driven approaches to social change.
They must be available to intern remotely for at least 10 hours a week, and will report to the Digital and Social Media Manager and the Production Team.
- Researching and outreach to potential media partners
- Posting pre-approved content and engaging with audiences across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok in the Breakthrough voice
- Assisting with data input and tracking for press and internal content calendar
- Assisting with website updates
- Other tasks depending on skills and interests
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Interest in activism and social justice
- Passion for social media, pop culture, and familiarity with current trends
- Proficiency with social networking tools and platforms
- Comfort navigating online databases (e.g., AirTable / Infinity)
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Word (including basic document design), Excel
- Comfort working both independently and as part of a team
Please submit a resume and cover letter, stating your qualifications, to email@example.com with Social Media Intern in the subject line.
NOTE: This position is unpaid and may be for academic credit. A per diem stipend will be provided, and interns will gain experience developing communications strategies and building digital audiences through social media campaigns.
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. Breakthrough prohibits discrimination against any employee or intern and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, military status, height and weight, religion, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record, or any other legally protected status. People of all gender identities, people from underrepresented racial backgrounds, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.