Breakthrough is seeking a Digital Communications Intern for Winter/Spring 2021 to join our creative team. This is a great opportunity for someone with a background in public relations and digital marketing. The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and is interested in innovative, creative, pop culture-driven approaches to social change.
The ideal candidate must be available to work remotely for at least 10 hours a week and will report to the Digital Media Manager.
- Supporting the Digital Media Manager with the development of social media content and copy
- Posting content on social media
- Driving conversations and engagement on social media
- Tracking and reporting social media engagement
- Developing media lists as needed
- Assisting with additional projects that support Breakthrough’s overall communications and creative planning
The ideal candidate will have:
- Familiarity with trends in the digital space and best practices for various platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc)
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience with digital content management systems and workflows (Infinity, G Suite)
- Willingness to learn new systems and social media tools
- Comfort working remotely, both independently and as part of a team
- An interest and thorough understanding of Breakthrough’s mission
- A can-do attitude
Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your qualifications, and send to email@example.com with Digital Communications Intern in the subject line.
NOTE: This position is unpaid and may be for academic credit. A per diem stipend will be provided, and interns will gain experience developing communications strategies and building digital audiences through social media campaigns.
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. Breakthrough prohibits discrimination against any employee or intern and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, military status, height and weight, religion, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record, or any other legally protected status. People of all gender identities, people from underrepresented racial backgrounds, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.