Breakthrough is seeking a Video Production Intern who is excited by a fast-paced and creative work setting. Candidates are passionate about pop culture-driven approaches to social change and want to be part of an organization that exists to create a more just world. They know how to get stuff done with a can-do attitude.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a background in video. This person should have an understanding of the production process from development to post-production, as well as thoughts on digital video strategy.
They must be available to intern up to 10 hours a week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage preliminary documentary film casting process
- Work with production team to schedule and produce virtual interviews and live event streams
- Acquire and file releases and permits
- Prep and edit together optimized, impactful video content
- Support Producer and Creative Director in all aspects of production and post production for live streaming events and non-live remote shoots
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience in digital video, news or documentary production
- Strong video editing skills in a deadline-driven environment (Adobe Premiere)
- Proficiency with Adobe AfterEffects and Photoshop
- An interest in live video production (Zoom, Wirecast)
- Excellent writing, research, and organizational skills
- Experience with digital content management systems and workflows (Airtable, G Suite)
- Familiarity with trends in the digital video space and best practices for various platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, etc)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and stay on track
- Comfort working remotely, both independently and as part of a team
Please submit a resume and cover letter, as well as links to your work, to firstname.lastname@example.org with Video Production Intern in the subject line.
NOTE: This position is unpaid but may be eligible for academic credit. A stipend will be provided for travel and lunch, and interns will gain experience producing and editing premium social and documentary video content.
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. Breakthrough prohibits discrimination against any employee or intern and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, military status, height and weight, religion, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record, or any other legally protected status. People of all gender identities, people from underrepresented racial backgrounds, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
4 West 43rd Street, Suite 715 New York, NY 10036 USA t: +1 (212) 868-6500