Our culture is driven by dignity, equity, innovation, and integrity. We make these values actionable through partnerships and collaboration, and strengthen them through continuous reflection, impact measurement, and learning.
- We commit to creating and upholding a safe, inclusive, and affirming environment both on and off set, where individuals are free to express their identities as they so choose.
- We have confidence in the capabilities and intentions of our colleagues and stakeholders, and we give and receive constructive feedback that reflects this mutual trust and respect.
- We hold ourselves, our colleagues, and our stakeholders accountable for unconscious biases and privileges and make space for learning and growth.
- We commit to collaborating with Our Stories participants not just as cast members, but as co-creators.
- We develop the leadership capacities of all Our Stories participants through trainings, workshops, and innovative skill-building.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to recruit and maintain a diverse crew, creative team, and advisory board.
- We use and value both traditional forms of media, art, culture, and technology and new and disruptive mediums and strategies.
- We collaborate with both likely and unlikely partners across industries and services, provided values are aligned.
- We create and implement learning and evaluation measures in order to assess our impact, learn from our mistakes, and apply these lessons to our future initiatives.
- We follow through on our commitments to our colleagues and stakeholders.
- We use resources ethically, optimally, and without personal benefit.
- We do not partner with or accept support, resources, or funding from sources whose values do not align with our own.